David has been known as the boy who fought and killed the giant Goliath.
He was a psalmist.
He was the man after God's own heart.♥
more about David...
1 Samuel 16:18 says, "...Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite [David], who is skillful in playing, a man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a man of good presence, and the Lord is with him."(ESV)
- He is skillful in playing the lyre. He [i guess] used to play the lyre as he sings his songs to the Lord.
- He is a man of valor. He is courageous in facing every battle and obstacle. "Don't worry about this Philistine," David told Saul. "I'll go fight him!" 1 Samuel 17:32(NLT)
He is very bold in proclaiming who God is. "..."...And everyone assembled here will know that the Lrescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the L's battle, and he will give you to us!"" 1 Samuel 17:47(NLT)
- He is a man of war.
- He is wise, prudent in speech.
- He is a man of good presence. He must be very smart and alert.
- The LORD is with him.
- He keeps/maintains a good balance. He works for the king but still gives time in tending his flock and serving his family. "So David went to Saul and began serving him...but David went back and forth so he could help his father with the sheep in Bethlehem...and [David] set out early the next morning with the gifts, as Jesse had directed him...David left his things with the keeper of supplies and hurried out to the ranks to greet his brothers." 1 Samuel 16:21;17:15,20,22 (NLT)
- He never leaves his flock unattended. He keeps his flock guarded by leaving them to a keeper whenever he has an errand to attend. "So David left the sheep with another shepherd and set out early the next morning with the gifts, as Jesse had directed him..." 1 Samuel 17:20(NLT)
- He defends and rescues his flock when enemies try to attack them. "..." 1 Samuel 17: 34-35(NLT)
- He has great confidence in the Lord. "The Lwho rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine! ... " 1 Samuel 17:37, 45-47(NLT)
- He tests and masters using his weapon. ""1 Samuel 17:39-40,49-50(NLT)
- He overcomes challenges and obstacles the moment they confront him. "As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him."1 Samuel 17:48(NIV)